Wealth or knowledge?
Posted by tennisplanet on May 10, 2008
(1) Knowledge is the legacy of the prophets. Wealth is the inheritance of the Pharaohs. Therefore, knowledge is better than wealth.(2) You have to guard your wealth but knowledge guards you. So knowledge is better.
(3) A man of wealth has many enemies while a man of knowledge has many friends. Hence knowledge is better.
(4) Knowledge is better because it increases with distribution, while wealth decreases by that act.
(5) Knowledge is better because a learned man is apt to be generous while a wealthy person is apt to be miserly.
(6) Knowledge is better because it cannot be stolen while wealth can be stolen.
(7) Knowledge is better because time cannot harm knowledge, but wealth rusts in course of time and wears away.
(8) Knowledge is better because it is boundless while wealth is limited and you can keep account of it.
(9) Knowledge is better because it illuminates the mind while wealth is apt to blacken it.